How we can help:
- Physical Therapeutic techniques such heat and cold therapy, ultrasound, and gentle manual techniques may be employed to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- Exercises therapies may be used to improve specific activities that have been limited due to the herniated disc.
- Specific exercises and techniques, such as core strengthening exercises and postural retraining, may be prescribed to enhance stability and reduce the risk of recurrent herniation.
- Physiotherapists may provide guidance on maintaining a healthy lifestyle, proper body mechanics, and specific exercises or stretches to prevent future disc herniation. Physiotherapy may involve sport-specific training, functional rehabilitation, and performance enhancement exercises to ensure a gradual and successful return to pre-injury levels.
- Aquatic therapy – hydrotherapy in the management of back pain are focused on pain relief, improving flexibility and strength, enhancing mobility, and promoting overall well-being.